The Site Operating Procedures have been updated to incorporate a number of technical changes as a result of the recently published Government guidance on “Working Safely during Coronavirus (COVID‐19) ‐ Construction & Other Outdoor Work.”
Changes to the Site Operating Procedures ‐ Version 4 are minimal and include:
- Removal of the requirement for face‐to‐face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less
- The section on PPE now links to the latest Government guidance on face coverings
- References to one‐way systems and the reconfiguration of seating and tables and an update on portable toilets
- The requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce
- Clarification on when to travel to work, as set out in the Government’s COVID‐19 Recovery Strategy
- Updated links and wording on social distancing.
CITB has produced a range of checklists to help employers implement the Site Operating Procedures in practice:
- CC01: COVID‐19 ‐ Site operating procedures compliance checklist: An interactive checklist to protect the workforce on site
- CC02: COVID‐19 ‐ Health, safety and environmental risk assessment template: A guide and template on control measures for those undertaking risk assessments of the workplace and specific activities on site
- CC03: COVID‐19 ‐ A toolbox talk for construction workers: Designed for managers and supervisors to deliver health and safety information and engage the site workforce in the Site Operating Procedures
- CC04: COVID‐19 ‐ Weekly site operating procedures checklist: An interactive checklist to ensure ongoing compliance with procedures.
If you have any queries please contact us and we will be happy to help.