With the recent storms and continued high winds The Association of Fencing Industries know that contractors, manufacturers and suppliers are under more pressure than normal.
We know that many professionals will already have systems in place to reassure clients, but to help consumers sort out proper fencing companies from the rogue traders we ask that members and non-members do the following for clients to reassure them.
This is not an exhaustive list but a suggestion to help consumers have faith in the fencing industry and get a responsible tradesman without getting caught out. Make sure you do your best to supply them with the following to help with their repairs.
- List of Recommendation and reviews of your work or products.
- Proof of appropriate Training and Qualifications to complete task.
- Copies of your Insurance and its cover.
- Who is responsible for finding the location of services and utilities on site
- Display a professional association or recognised body you belong to give assurance.
- Send written contract for the work, checking everything is included in the final cost to avoid confusion at invoice.
- Explain any warranty for your work?
If the public or the trade have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the association for further advice.